Whether you’re new to the massage salon scene in Kansas City, MO, or are a regular to the benefits of a professional massage, it’s good to know the “ins and outs” of what to do, what to expect, and tips for after your treatment. After all, it’s hard to relax until you really know what’s going on, right?
The right massage treatment promotes relaxation, improves circulation, and helps rid your body of toxins. A professional massage therapist can make you feel relaxed and ready to tackle the outside world again. However, there are also some simple things you need to practice and embrace to really get the most out of your time at our massage spa.
1. Be responsive and open to the entire process. Your body responds to treatment better when you come in with an open mind. Arrive for your massage appointment in a relaxed, open state of mind.
2. Talk to your therapist about how much clothing you’re comfortable with taking off. Your massage therapist needs to be able to access the muscles and pressure points associated with the massage you want. However, you do need to feel comfortable for your body to respond to the treatment and get the most out of your massage.
3. Reiterate with your therapist any allergies you may have to oils & lotions or areas of your body that have had injuries or medical procedures that may need extra care or avoiding.
4. Remember to breathe during your massage treatment. It sounds funny, but many of us don’t breathe normally when there’s anticipation or things happening that we aren’t familiar with. Normal breathing helps to relax your mind and help you focus on the healing that is happening.
5. After your massage stay hydrated by drinking extra water. This also helps to flush out any toxins released during your session.
6. Take some time after your session to slowly move your body and mind back into the speed of everyday life. Enjoy the downtime while you can.
At the Glam Room, we offer 50 or 80-minute sessions for your convenience and needs. Come in for a free consultation to decide if you need a Swedish Massage, Hot Stone Massage, Deep Tissue, or Sports Massage. For those momma’s-to-be, we offer a Prenatal Massage which will gently relax your muscles and changing body.
Make an appointment today at The Glam Room to experience the difference massage can make in your life. Our professional massage therapists will design the massage program and schedule that’s perfect for your individual needs. You can find us at 308 Delaware Street in Kansas City or call 816-605-1949. Want to instantly schedule an appointment yourself? Try our free mobile app, available for download at the iTunes Store, on Google Play, or on Amazon.
Sign up for our Newsletters